Car Wash Trends for 2022
As 2021 ends, we are naturally curious and anxious to know more about the year ahead. While there’s no way to predict the future, we can look at past trends and industry experts to make our own predictions. Trends come and go, but there are two things that we think will grow in importance to car wash customers this year: Convenience and Sustainability. Let’s explore some of the details of these major car wash trends for 2022 that we expect to see, as well as what you can do to capitalize on these trends.
Convenience is one of the most important factors for people when deciding where to shop. Living in a pandemic for almost two years now has even further cemented this into our culture. Look at the ways businesses have changed in how they offer things to their customers: expanded online ordering, delivery options, and curbside pickup/drive up services. People are glued to their phones more than ever. Only now it’s not just scrolling social media, but rather using mobile apps for everything from ordering groceries to mobile pet grooming. As a car wash owner/operator, make sure you are taking full advantage of this trend. Make it as easy as possible for people to get the services they are looking for. “Okay, great!” you’re thinking, but what does that mean for your business?
- Mobile App or Mobile Friendly Website: The one thing most people have on them at all times is their phone. Deliver a positive experience to your customers by having an easy-to-use app or at the very minimum, a mobile friendly website. Here they can make payments, track loyalty program points, and schedule appointments. This is particularly important if you offer auto detailing.
- Payment: Does anyone even carry cash with them anymore? Make it easy for your customers to make payments by accepting Venmo, Apple Pay, and PayPal in addition to credit card payments.
- Mobile Detailing: If your car wash offers auto detailing, consider what it would take to bring it to people’s homes. You can’t deliver the car wash to your customers, but you can certainly bring the detailing services to them.
It’s hard to go too far these days without hearing about sustainability, eco-friendly products, or the environment in general. Businesses need to pay attention and make changes accordingly. Sustainability in business is particularly important to the younger generations (Millennials and Gen Z). That’s a whopping 139.27 million people in the United States – a big potential customer base for your car wash. Additionally, a study conducted by Simon-Kucher & Partners concluded that “One third of consumers are willing to pay a premium for sustainable products, and companies should prepare for sustainability to become the expectation and not the exception in the future.”
You may already follow some of these green best practices and not even realize it. These examples are also not commonly known to the public as sustainable practices. This give you the opportunity to educate your customers about the things you are doing with signage and on your website.
- Eco-Friendly Products: It’s easy to find a wide range of eco-friendly products for your car wash (Reliable Plus offers a line called Real Clean). These products are free of nitrates, nitrites, sulfates, and phosphorus. They are also compatible with reclaim systems, biodegradable, but most importantly, still offer an effective clean.
- Water Reclaim System: A water reclaim system captures water used during a car wash and recycles it. This is an eco-friendly choice because it doesn’t send the dirty water, filled with contaminants, back to our lakes and rivers via the sanitary sewer system.
- Water Softeners and Filtration Systems: These systems reduce the amount of contaminants found in the water.
Stay Ahead of Car Wash Trends with Reliable Plus
Stay close to car wash trends for 2022 with expert knowledge from Reliable Plus! We can help you decide on an entry activation station, water treatment equipment, and upgrade your chemicals and cleaning products to be eco-friendly. Get in touch today to find out how working with a reliable partner makes all the difference.