Car Washes and COVID-19
There are very few things in our daily lives unaffected by COVID-19. Companies have had to change the way they do business, coming up with creative solutions to keep employees and customers safe and healthy, and also try to maintain some revenue to stay in operation.
At Reliable Plus, we have taken the following precautions to support our employees and customers:
- Requiring drivers to wear safety glasses and gloves while making deliveries.
- Minimizing person-to-person contact by eliminating signature requirements on deliveries.
- Increasing cleaning protocol at all locations, keeping our trucks and facilities clean during the day and after every shift.
- Requiring anyone who feels sick to stay home and offering flexible leave options.
- Encouraging employees to work remotely and use video conferencing if possible.
- Constantly reviewing and updating our plans to keep up with government regulations while still providing our customers with the level of service they expect.
Adapting: Car Washes and COVID-19
Here are some best practices you can implement at your own car wash during these uncertain times. Though certain states may be close to reopening certain stores and services, additional safety precautions will likely be in place for a while.
Keep your office space safe by:
- Frequently and thoroughly disinfecting common areas such as break rooms and conference areas
- Cleaning office equipment such as copiers, kitchen appliances, phones, etc after each use
- Requiring employees to wear face masks and gloves
Keep your customers safe by:
- Limiting the number of people allowed in any common area
- Disinfecting the high traffic area surfaces, such as door knobs, vacuum handles, vending machines, key pads, counters, etc.
- Wearing face masks and gloves when interacting with a customer
- Staggering the available open vacuums that customers can use to maintain a safe distance between each other, or closing the vacuums down altogether
- Suspending any interior detailing or cleaning services
Limit interaction with customers by:
- Having customers swipe their own credit cards
- Only accepting cards; don’t accept cash
- Enabling Google or Apple Pay
- Asking your customers to keep their windows rolled up
If you’re looking for an easy way to give back to those working so hard to keep us safe, consider giving free or discounted car washes to health care workers, first responders, and food service and grocery employees. Have these workers flash their badge through the window to avoid contact.
If you have any questions about how Reliable Plus is conducting business during this time, or car washes and COVID-19, please reach out to us. We are happy to help!