There are over 100,000 car wash facilities in the United States. What is it about YOUR car wash that makes it better than the car wash down the street? How can you attract new customers to your car wash, and how can you keep those customers coming back? Read on to find out how to set your car wash apart from the competition!
Make It Quality
If your car wash isn’t providing a high-quality wash, you will not have repeat customers. You can have all the best marketing and advertising, but you’ll lose out on repeat customers if they drive away with a less than sparkling car. Or worse- if your equipment caused damage to a customer vehicle. Regularly inspect your nozzles, sprayers, brushes, and vacuums to make sure they are in good condition. Repair or replace any suspect equipment immediately.
Make It A Good Value
In order to gain repeat customers, you must not only provide a quality car wash, but also make it a good value. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to lower your prices, but make sure that whatever price you charge lets the customer feel like they’re getting the best bang for their buck. Find ways to remind your customers of everything they get by going to your car wash. Highlight any bells and whistles you offer.
Additionally, membership and loyalty programs are a fantastic way to offer value to your customers. Everyone loves to get a good deal, and these types of programs build customer loyalty.
Make It Easy
“Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.” – Mark Cuban
Your customers have choices when it comes to vehicle car washes. If you make them work too hard to get what they want at your car wash, you can bet they will find it someplace else.
- Offer easy-to-use apps and mobile friendly websites. Make it as easy as possible for your customers to purchase the car wash they want
- Provide updated social media pages with specials, promotions, fun facts, etc. Your customers will see this as a benefit, and you will stay top-of-mind with your audience
- Have straightforward pricing and package signage, and make sure the point of sale equipment is functional and user-friendly. Don’t make it too confusing for customers to decide which car wash they want
- Consider line management when possible. If a potential customer sees a long line for the car wash, chances are they won’t want to stick around
Make It Fun!
With so many car wash options available, one way to set your car wash apart from the competition is to offer something different and memorable.
- Provide an updated waiting area for customers with something for everyone. Toys and games for the kids, complimentary coffee for the adults, etc.
- In-tunnel lights can be a real selling point for kids! From light shows to black lights to holiday-themed colored lights, these fun features are sure to leave an impression on kids and adults alike
- Decorate your car wash with a theme. Think dinosaurs, popular characters, holidays, seasons, etc.
- Have a food truck at your car wash or provide some kind of unique food or snack option
Make it Reliable… with Reliable Plus!
Of course, the most important thing is to have a functional car wash filled with high quality parts and products, serviced regularly by experienced technicians. Contact us today to see how we can help you build your carwash business.